Which hazer?

Hambone

My next purchase is a haze machine for beam illumination of lasers, scanners and washes.

Disappointingly, the LeMaitre Radiance won't be available in the UK.

My objective is a uniform distribution of haze throughout your average size function room. I don't want rolling clouds of haze, nor do I need DMX implementation. It has to be a proper haze machine, too, not a smoke machine masquerading as a hazer by calling itself a 'phazer' or 'fazer.'

It looks like the LeMaitre Neutro Pro, or Martin Magnum or ZR 24/7.

Any guidance appreciated!

The Unique by Look Solutions is probably one of the best units available on the market at the moment. It has DMX control, but can also be controlled locally or via analogue voltages. Seriously powerful machines, and very fluid-friendly.

I have a Le Maitre Neutron Hazer XS and it is a serious bit of kit, very economical and a great effect. DMX control is a bonus too! Plus its small so easy to transport and to site on the stage.

Si

I have a Le Maitre Neutron Hazer XS and it is a serious bit of kit, very economical and a great effect. DMX control is a bonus too! Plus its small so easy to transport and to site on the stage.

Well, they're certainly small and compact - but the things that really put me off the Neutron hazers are the way that the DMX control of haze level is sketchy at best, and the annoying habit that it has of dropping into its 'cleaning cycle' at inopportune moments.

I'm going to have to agree with the previous post.

The Neutron just doesn't cut it. It has that annoying clean cycle, on initial start up it takes at least 2 min to get going and it smells like hell. This unit is terrible.

On the other hand you get what you pay for. The DF50 is #1, starts up right away, doesn't smell and you can use less cuz it covers more ground in seconds. This Neutron XS you have to leave it running for a bit and it still doesn't fill up the room like a DF50.

Thats my story and I'm sticking with it.

OK.. thanks for the info! It's looking like the Look Unique is gonna win this one.

And according to the Look website, it's the only one of the three that uses a water/glycol-based fluid, which shouldn't cause smoke particle problems with my DLP projectors.

Archived