Grelco Recall

StevieR

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Coventry. Stage LX might be well known, but they aint exactly cheap are they?

Depends on your buying power....!! :)

How many do you want - I'll sort a price for you (and I'm only down't road)

TD

Stage Elec prices from the show-

0-5 £4.89

6-17 £4.65

18-59 £3.67

60-479 £2.92

480-99999999 only £2.45 :)

And yes, that is copied off their flier! All ex VAT. They do survive a 6' drop (I tried it) and feel OK.

WL were advertising prices for their own one which is coming out so at least with 2 suppliers it'll give you a choice therefore should keep the prices competitive.

Well, for the moment at least, you have to buy them from Stage LX, regardless of whether you like the prices. They're the only people that sell them at the moment.

RB Lighting had them on their stand.

Well, for the moment at least, you have to buy them from Stage LX, regardless of whether you like the prices.
I've put an order in for a few from Stage, together with orders from a couple of others to get the better price break. If anyone else wants to jump on board I'd be more than happy to add some more then postthem out to y'al. (I'd have to ask for payment in advance, though, for obvious reasons!)

Tony

I can't buy SE's new "squelco" :-(. I'm a tech manager for a university theatre company, and the university doesn't allow block connectors like the squelco. The reason is that when you have a plug in the top, the weight of the cable can end pulling the block slightly out of the socket, so not enough of the pin is in the socket, and it overheats, presenting a fire risk. Hence our uni banned all block connectors from its property. The tradtional style grelco was OK, because the plugs were on the front.

I'm going to have to try and get an exemption for theater co.... last time was over use of ladders (students got banned form using ladders. Seriously).

We've got Snappers in stock too (the version before the one that caused all the recall malarkey) - we're handy for Coventry too (we also sell throughout the UK by 'mail order') you can pay cash, card or Official Order.

The Snappers we have are 'straight' so they can be a pain plugging into the front of a dimmer - some grelcos (from the 80's early 90's) were angled to make it easier to plug into a dimmer front panel - we guard them very jealously!

Archived