Radio interfernce over XLR

greateastern

Quick note to say that lamplighter's detailed post above is the only real way to go. Step by step detective work is, alas, the only reliable way to sort this out. Not fun, but faster in the long run than a scatter gun approach...

Bob

Does your multicore run close to any sources of heat?
Or for that matter, anywhere that they may be gotten at by four-legged, sharp-teethed pests?

Quite some years ago, our main house multi was nibbled at by rodents (since cleared, fortunately) and we had all sorts of problems!!

TD

Thanks for all the help. I did sort the problem although I never tracked it down for sure. I played around with the box and wires to no effect and goign straight through the installed wires. Eventually after dismantling the rig and reassembly I managed to sort it on all bar one channel. I guess it must have been a dodgy screen connection or few that caused it. Once that was sorted there were of course other problems.... including the fire but I won't go into that here!

Thanks again

Andy

Archived