Dancing On Ice

Jamtastic3

Adding to this query - does anyone know what they use in the corners (bit like some sort of powerful moonstar effect) at first I thought it was one of the numorus Mac 500's but the beam angle seems to wide?

It's probably a Studio Due Space Flower or similar, you see them on a lot of things. They're designed for outdoor use, but I've used them indoors to achieve a similar effect and they look great as you can see.

As for the projections on the ice, could well be from Vari*Lite VL3500's. They've got an incredible zoom lens in them which could produce patterns that large.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok ok so the flickering behind the judges is now very distracting the more people go on about it (like myself).

...If only my local ice rink were as jazzed up as that one (mine has a few moonflowers and a strobe), I'd go every week to skate!!!

As someone who was around HSL (as a full time employee, then a freelancer) when the job was being put together, it is defantly a HSL job, and as far as I am aware the kit is a combination of mac's, VL's and possibly some robe stuff. The big buggers in the corners, as someone suggested earlier are studio duo space flowers. also wouldn't surprise me if they had some of their massive stock of JTE pixel kit on it!

There a cracking company, who have loads and loads of kit, and there prep process is second to none, I reckon we will be seeing a lot more of HSL on the larger TV jobs (they had kit on X-factor)

As someone who was around HSL (as a full time employee, then a freelancer) when the job was being put together, it is defantly a HSL job,

AHA!

So do you know, or can you find out, what they're using to project onto the ice floor?

<waits in eager anticipation.......................>

Those projections can't be from a load of moving lights, surely?! Having watched a bit of it last night (not really for the lighting, more like for that Holly girl :stagecrew:) there was one bit where there was a kind of starburst from centre stage, moving out to all 4 corners in white dots - it was so fluid and natural looking that I really think it must be some sort of fancy projection - E/T/C do that sort of thing don't they? Maybe something similar?

Stu

Those projections can't be from a load of moving lights, surely?!

That's the question - the only conclusion we've come to thus far is indeed that it has to be some sort of hidef hi-output projector, but so far no-one's been able to confirm what it is.....! :stagecrew:

Archived