where to buy small size steel capped boots and grip gloves?

jiras410

Ive been trying to find decent looking steel capped shoes/boots in a size 4-5 for ages and cant seem to find them anywhere. I quite like the doc martens type but doc martens cost around 80 quid. any suggestions where to buy decent steelies for tiny feet??? Preferably under 50 quid.

Also Im looking for a nice pair of grip gloves for tiny hands. them funny yellow ones only come in 1 size and thats like twice the size of my hands.

All suggestions welcome ... either somewhere I can order them from or london and greater london area shops!

Thanks !

Ive been trying to find decent looking steel capped shoes/boots in a size 4-5 for ages and cant seem to find them anywhere. I quite like the doc martens type but doc martens cost around 80 quid. any suggestions where to buy decent steelies for tiny feet??? Preferably under 50 quid.

Arco?

Just had a glance through the catalogue - they have a whole section on "Ladies safety footwear", with various ranges in the 40-50 pound price band, sizes 3-8.

(for the avoidance of any doubt, I'm a shoe size 10, and catalogues of ladies footwear are not my normal reading material...:D)

(for the avoidance of any doubt, I'm a shoe size 10, and catalogues of ladies footwear are not my normal reading material...:))

Sounds like you are defending yourself prior to any accusation....maybe the gentleman doth protest too much :( :D

I'd second Arco, for gloves too.

Personally, I quite like these ones for general handling type stuff:

http://www.arco.co.uk/arco/images/product/1234500.jpg

Product no 1234500, "Gripz" gloves, available in 4 sizes and very cheap.

For boots I go for dickies I had a pair for over 6 months of wearing them constantly which doesn't sound great. However the model in question was designed for occassional not constant wear which I disobeyed and all the other footwear I have bought this last year has cope for a month at the longest :)

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a pair of Atlan size 5 steelies from a local shop up here after spending weeks searching!! Was going to go down the ebay route, but am glad I didnt as I usually take size 6, but needed 5 in steelies... They are quite chunky looking, but I like that sort of thing anyway! The shop is a local department store - its worth checking random shops that you dont think would sell this sort of thing!

Gloves - I got some dewalt (fingerless) gloves from ebay - they do them in small, medium, large etc... Dont think fingerless is the type you're after, but its definitely worth looking on ebay for stuff like this.

Archived