Yamaha 01V96

p3schwa

Basically...

Using an insert, the effect is dedicated to the channel that it is inserted into and it's permanently there: any adjustment has to be within the effect itself.

Using an Aux, you can share the effect among as many channels as you want, you have a choice of putting the effect before or after the channel fader(s) (referered to as "pre" or "post" fade) and, because you bring the effect back into the mixer you have easy control of the balance between the "dry" sound and the effect.

Typically, inserts are good for effects like gates on drum channels while auxes are useful for things like reverbs, though obviously there are no hard and fast rules. It's worth noting that my mention of gates is for example only since the O1V offers you these on every channel anyway...in effect (pun intended) inserted for you already.

Bob

A pity james you don't write a compact handbook about the 01v96.

Whoever said I hadn't :D

(I have written one but it is broadcast specific and it isn't publicaly available)

I'm not clear about your last post - have you sorted you microphone problems yet?

James

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have 01v96 for a while and I had it setup properly untill receintly I've changed operating system v2, and lost all my scenes. I have an external physical limiter set as insert on a master. here how it was connected physicly omni1 and omni2 output to the limiter then returned to the 15&16, now I see the indication of the sygnal on my limiter so its there, but if I bring 15&16 up I double monitor, if I bring the source faders down, I cant hear anything. now I dont want to touch any of the faders(bring them down) since the whole mix ST L and ST R comming out of omnis I dont want to bring any faders down, whenever my hardware limiter is off it automaticly bypasses the signal, whenever I turned it on I want it to be effected. in a PATCH/OUTPUT INS on the STEREO window windows I have it set to AD15&AD16, but get double monitoring or nothing, anyone who can help would be really appriciated, thanx!!

deepest respect

atman

• 1 year later...

HI everyone. My problem is that I bought a 01V96 v2 and in adition the I/o card for expand it to 32 channels.

Last week, when I was trying to use it it gave me the most weird trouble: all of a sudden, the signal went all the way up and trip both the console and the Power amps.. it happen two times, in the middle of the show, giving me a mortal headache and a big shame.

Later, I went into Yamaha`s site and download it last update cause I notice that it reflex what could be the problem: When adding the I/o Card it send noise into a channel and... I guess that is... But... When I was upgrading the 01V96 to this version.... at the end of the instalation... I had this messege on the panel: : Please Grand Authority"..... And that`s it.... nothing work..no bottons, fader, NOTHING..... IT`S LIKE DEATH. I try to initialize but nothing work.

Did I blew it?..... Please!!!!.. HELP!!!!... I live in the caribbean and its very, very difficult to find help with this type of issue down here.

Regards,

I did the whole exercise with 1 line in, but the strange thing is I get sound on 2 channels, left and right.

Effects aside, you will always get this unless you pan the channel to either the left or the right. (you do this by pressing the pan/routing button or turning the pan knob clockwise or anti clockwise)

Lovely little desks :)

HI everyone. My problem is that I bought a 01V96 v2 and in adition the I/o card for expand it to 32 channels.

Last week, when I was trying to use it it gave me the most weird trouble: all of a sudden, the signal went all the way up and trip both the console and the Power amps.. it happen two times, in the middle of the show, giving me a mortal headache and a big shame.

Later, I went into Yamaha`s site and download it last update cause I notice that it reflex what could be the problem: When adding the I/o Card it send noise into a channel and... I guess that is... But... When I was upgrading the 01V96 to this version.... at the end of the instalation... I had this messege on the panel: : Please Grand Authority"..... And that`s it.... nothing work..no bottons, fader, NOTHING..... IT`S LIKE DEATH. I try to initialize but nothing work.

Did I blew it?..... Please!!!!.. HELP!!!!... I live in the caribbean and its very, very difficult to find help with this type of issue down here.

Regards,

Error Messages on the Console

The following message is displayed if the console’s system

software has not been installed completely (except for the

PM5D).

• “Protocol Error”

• “Vendor Error”

This message appears when the installer is checking the

Flash Update version. This is not a malfunction.

• “Please grant authority”

The access key for the system software has not been

written. Completing the installation of the system

software will enable you to install the Add-On Effects

sounds like a software error, im not familiar with the ins and outs of the 01V, that snippet was taken from the yamaha website...

... so my hart started beating maybe I had a faulty 01v96 v2.

Digital desks are very different from analogue desks in this regard, in that it is almosty impossible for a software feature to stop working or to be faulty. Sure, you can lose hardware stuff piecemeal, such as audio interfaces, or physical controls etc.

All the things a digital mixer does are in software powered by DSP(s), so either the software and DSPs are up and running, or they ain't, so the desk is either running fully featured, or pretty much dead.

What this means, of cause, is that if its not doing what you think it should, it's pretty much guaranteed to be operator error: you've just not found out (yet) how to tell the desk what you want of it. Keep persevering, and it'll come good.

The corollory to this story is, of course, the little Yam digi I hired a while back which had a knackered MIDI in port, and it was a several hours before I believed it, thinking, of course, it was just me being stupid and that I hadn't found some setting yet that was causing MIDI not to work...

Regards,

Error Messages on the Console

The following message is displayed if the console's system

software has not been installed completely (except for the

PM5D).

• "Protocol Error"

• "Vendor Error"

This message appears when the installer is checking the

Flash Update version. This is not a malfunction.

• "Please grant authority"

The access key for the system software has not been

written. Completing the installation of the system

software will enable you to install the Add-On Effects

sounds like a software error, im not familiar with the ins and outs of the 01V, that snippet was taken from the yamaha website...

Where did you get that info?.. can you post the link so I can go deeper on that informacion?.. So far I could not get anything of this error.... ANd thanks for the concern... :D

Archived