The Humble Parcan...

Stu

does anyone know where to get cheap 64's from???

In my (of course, humble) opinion - it really is worth paying the extra few quid for a nice Par 64 Lantern. The cheapo ones are horrible, and some blank off the back panel, so lamps become unfocusable, and then you may as well not bother having them!

I'd personally buy the DTS cans which have the nice phat chunky Parsafe that comes out the back, and extends beyond the lantern, making the beam focus safe and a doddle.

After that I'd buy the Thomas cans, but I'm not so hot on their parsafes - the DTS ones are good because you can see which way the beam will be aligned before bringing up the dimmer, and therefore you could direct the beam before turning it on, which could save a nice shock to the bubble.

Yes, a Par 64 is a Par 64 - but I'd rather have ones that don't bite!

Stu

The lamp price I gave was for Gearmarket, they seem to be around the cheapest, if you register and spend a reasonable amount you get a discount off prices shown. White Light on-line LX Store is also pretty good.

For PAR lanterns Gearmarket have the DTS units that Stu likes as do Thomann.

Archived