SCART video black & white?

Hambone

sorry to Hijack the topic... but my friend rang me with a similar problem.

He is trying to play his VHS into his Projector.

The VHS is a scart output..... The Projector is S-Video input. (so he has a scart to s-video adapter which gives him an s-video and audio input to his projector)

The video signal gets to the projector and it projects a black and white output. He has tried the menu on the projector and vhs and cannot make into colour.

Obviously there is a lead issue some where... any one had similar problems or can recommend anything to solve this

Are you sure his VHS can output S vid? - Try connecting via composite signal, it will probably by RCA to RCA which, looking at my adaptor in front of me should also be on the adaptor

To be honest S vid probably won't help with image quality (unless it is an S VHS machine)

I would presume the VHS would have a menu setting for output as either composite or SVHS. If it hasn't then I would presume composite video only.

HTH

edit - I'm presuming the projector has composite input as well. What model VHS and projector? If not you may be able to get a device to go composite to s video - thinking of a scan convertor or somthing of that ilk - maplins may do it, but I bet it would cost to much to make it worthwhile.

edit 2 http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Module...ite&doy=9m7

only £6.00 - if that is what is needed - bargain

The recorded signal from the scanconverter's S-Video output to my home DVD HD recorder is far superior to the composite input recording on the new DVD HD recorder that doesn't have the S-VIdeo input. It's the "mosquito netting" effect that I don't like.

For less than half as much cash, I can pick up a DVD recorder without a hard drive that records straight to DVD+R/RW. This led me to wonder why I even need a hard drive. I'm simply recording my VJ output that is only get copied to a DVD anyway.

Anyone using a DVD-only recorder?

Archived