Gaffa Tape

rmarchand

"leave it on the stage managers desk, that always makes it disappear!"

I don't know... we only eat the stuff for breakfast!

Anyway, I've had luck with a bottle of coke in a bucket over night. It dissolves everything, goodness knows what it does to tummies.

Incedently a can of coke in with a wash (obviously take it out of the can) works wonders for removing grease and oil from blacks.

Incedently a can of coke in with a wash (obviously take it out of the can) works wonders for removing grease and oil from blacks.

It also does the same thing to the lubricant inside the washing machine pump!

Better to soak the black in the de-greaser first and then rinse before putting in the machine.

I believe the 'active' ingredient in Coke is acetic acid.

I believe the 'active' ingredient in Coke is acetic acid.

Doubt it - that's vinegar...

Main acid in Coke is Carbonic acid, which is what you get when CO2 is dissolved in water. So it'll be present in all fizzy drinks....

There are also quantities of citric acid (but less than you'd find in Orange juice) and Phosphoric acid (which is the one which drives the Urban Legends). But, despite urban legend, they're not particularly high concentrations. They probably won't do much damage to your insides - the acid in your stomach is considerably stronger....

Archived