Edinburgh Fringe 2006

Jamtastic3

News to me! Though I was just saying the other day how great it would be to have a pull out bed in the workshop.....

I got the build through Lauren, who reckoned the Trav would make good use of a sturdy cabinet for storage. I don't think the bed was part of that idea, although on end it could have been made into a shelving unit. Anyway, she paid me for shifting your steeldeck, yesterday evening, and said that the whole thing eventually ended up as kindling.

And on another note, underneath the seating bank in one of the Pleasance venues I noticed a hammock! Not a bad idea...

I was working on Frankenstein the musical at the Roxy main (Venue 115) all went very well except when red ph went down 5min before our dress rehearsal was about to start and in the end our first full run was the opening night which despite many hitches still managed to get a 4* review from the Scotsman we had very nice acomadation for the technicians all be it 20-25min walk from the venue

And on another note, underneath the seating bank in one of the Pleasance venues I noticed a hammock! Not a bad idea...

Actually quite common, and certainly a very good idea, especially at the fringe. Of the top of my head, Pleasance venues usually with hammocks include One, Grand, Beyond, Above, Cavern, King and Queen...

I've never regretted buying one (incidentally while working for Pleasance), and was very pleased this summer when taking a van across to N. Ireland and back to move house, to discover that an empty Sprinter is a perfect place to rig a hammock and get a few hours kip while waiting for your ferry. Confused the hell out of the police search team at Fleetwood...

Pete

Archived