162 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to PLASA 2006?

• Yes - I'm working there
    • Definitely visiting
    • Maybe visiting
    • Not sure yet
    • Maybe not visiting
    • Definitely not visiting
  2. 2. If you are visiting, which day will you most likely be there?

• Sun 10th Sept
    • Mon 11th Sept
    • Tues 12th Sept
    • Weds 13th Sept
    • I'll be there on more than one day
    • N/A (working / definitely not visiting)
  3. 3. Anybody up for a Get Together?

• Sorry, I'm too young to go down the pub
    • Yes - me Me ME!
    • Yes - maybe for a bit
    • Not sure
    • No - not this year, thanks
    • No - never in a million years

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think there may be a few issues with people identifying me based on me wearing black though!
Hmmm, this could prove to be problematic. To make it worse, I'll also be there on Sunday and Monday, again wearing black, but you will probably find me at the Avolites stand or the Robe stand, possibly drooling about things I can't afford. :D :)

I'll probably be in black and jeans knowing me!

I suspect most people will be in black at a technician gathering like this? :D

Why would they? Do surgeons wear their scrubs to go down the pub? Does a fireman wear his protective gear to pop to Tescos? No. Blacks are what technicians (not 'technicians') wear for work. Why would you choose to wear your working clothes outside of work, unless it's to say "everyone look at me, I'm a technician, aren't I ace?".

Why would they? Do surgeons wear their scrubs to go down the pub? Does a fireman wear his protective gear to pop to Tescos? No. Blacks are what technicians (not 'technicians') wear for work. Why would you choose to wear your working clothes outside of work, unless it's to say "everyone look at me, I'm a technician, aren't I ace?".

I was just basing it on what I saw on the posts above, and I apologise. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Great comment Gareth. Its like assuming that technician is going to turn up to an interview in combat trousers and a crew Shirt from a previous job Oh and I forgot the lanyard and leatherman as well. I love being casual at work but I also like wearing a shirt and tie when I have to!

Sam

Archived