162 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to PLASA 2006?

• Yes - I'm working there
    • Definitely visiting
    • Maybe visiting
    • Not sure yet
    • Maybe not visiting
    • Definitely not visiting
  2. 2. If you are visiting, which day will you most likely be there?

• Sun 10th Sept
    • Mon 11th Sept
    • Tues 12th Sept
    • Weds 13th Sept
    • I'll be there on more than one day
    • N/A (working / definitely not visiting)
  3. 3. Anybody up for a Get Together?

• Sorry, I'm too young to go down the pub
    • Yes - me Me ME!
    • Yes - maybe for a bit
    • Not sure
    • No - not this year, thanks
    • No - never in a million years

Also, the ETC stand is very good if you want a demo and you aren't anybody who is anybody, I got a nice run down of the latest Source 4 products even after admitting I was a penniless student!
Well, thanks very much!

Although that may well be more because it's boring just standing around - much more fun to be constantly giving demonstrations!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another good pyro demo by lemaitre, although I'm slightly worried now, as my noise boy collegue has had a manic grin on his face all day after being informed he doesn't need a licence to set them off.

Oh, and cheers to Avo for the wing nut spanner!

Guest lightnix
I managed to get 14 lanyards...
Oh dear, oh, dear, oh dear ...... :(

... ahhh, but you'll laugh on the other side of your face, Mr. Hughes, when you see what he makes out of selling them on eBay ;)

Looks like I might have my day slightly curtailed by a delayed delivery - let's hope those TNT boys are on the ball.

This year I worked hard at not picking up useless things. Two lanyards- The Barco one being my favourite- Like rocking horse doo doo. A BIG slab of chocolate and usefull bag thanks to Roger at Meyer, ETC mug and Sennheiser headphones. Plus I had some really usefull chats with various people and companies.

I managed to get 14 lanyards...
Oh dear, oh, dear, oh dear ...... ;)
... ahhh, but you'll laugh on the other side of your face, Mr. Hughes, when you see what he makes out of selling them on eBay :** laughs out loud **:
Spot On!... didnt think of that actually. Im not sure what I will do with them, but it was task of the day. AT ABTT earlier in the year, the days task was pens and pencils! :(

Was a PLASA virgin until yesterday, I had a great day, it's just a shame that some of the exhibitors see 'Student' on the passes and try and hide or snub us, luckily they were a minority, great pyro display upstairs and I've come back with a big shopping list for my uni :( , I did manage to get round to the tournament pub but by that time I was feeling a tad rough (feeling ill before I set off from Wales yesterday morning) the London heat didn't either, so I only managed to run upstairs for a minute look at the betapack 3 and run off again, hopefully I'll plan a bit better for next year and not eat a dodgy take-away the night before.

I suppose I should have said this prior to yesterday but I was there in white t-shirt n jeans with black and blue hair.

once again plasa was amazing.

wasnt too impressed by Martin this year or Pulsar.

My attention was dragged to the Vista on AC Lighting

Grand MA lighting console is very nice and user friendly.

Avolites Expert was impressive desk to play around with and the LED torch is good, also the explantion on the Mdmx and EDMX was very interesting.

Stayed on Compulite for a bit chatted with Andy and played on Vector and DLite

Also haze projection screen, was very interesting.

Lots of cool inventions, like source 4 colour changer.

Have Fun at Plasa if you have not already visited.

Cant wait for next years.

Regards

alex

Live report fom central bar at Earls Court!

The show closed 40 minutes ago (for the day, more tomorrow!)

Highlights :

1) VOID audio - (on upper floor) - awesome sound system design, got them what is possibly a PLASA first - complaints about their demo room sound levels (from a mile away!!), environmental health told them to turn it down!! Do check these guys out!!!

2) the historical collection of Vari-lites at the entrance to the central bar, including the VL-0, the device that started it all; way back in 1980 - all lampies should pay homage!!

3) Great cocktails at MA-lighting and Avo-lites.....

Now off to the Troubadour... :(

I have to say the best two things about todays visit to PLASA was the collection of VLs by the main bar (although I was expecting something a bit, well bigger - in terms of more history and background to each product, more details etc. I don't know why I thought this!), it was good to see an original VL1 working...

And then the NEET stand upstairs, good to see someone is actively looking to keep examples of the equipement that has shaped our industry over the years!

Stu

I felt it was over populated by me-too line arrays...

In amongst all the line arrays it was nice to see Funktion One still sticking to their speaker clusters.

The pyro show was spectacular, and the neet stand was informative to look around.

I listened to the silent stage demo, and felt it sounded rather to processed and clean. The grotty electronic drum kit whose sound had no punch or clarity only helped to enhance the over clean feel.

I enjoyed comparing the expanse of digi sound desks, and their varying ways of approaching things. I felt the Cadac was the best by far, as you can get to everything quickly and simply. The A&H looked good, but problems could arise when you have two ops. I also liked the Midas XL8.

Anyway I've rambled enough.

Have fun tomorrow evening to all at the meet, wish I could be there but I can't afford another train ticket and I move out on Sunday so I really need to pack some stuff.

Archived