162 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to PLASA 2006?

• Yes - I'm working there
    • Definitely visiting
    • Maybe visiting
    • Not sure yet
    • Maybe not visiting
    • Definitely not visiting
  2. 2. If you are visiting, which day will you most likely be there?

• Sun 10th Sept
    • Mon 11th Sept
    • Tues 12th Sept
    • Weds 13th Sept
    • I'll be there on more than one day
    • N/A (working / definitely not visiting)
  3. 3. Anybody up for a Get Together?

• Sorry, I'm too young to go down the pub
    • Yes - me Me ME!
    • Yes - maybe for a bit
    • Not sure
    • No - not this year, thanks
    • No - never in a million years

Hi... just thought I'd let you all know, I got 2 short videos of the Le Maitre pyro display on the Wednesday - they are on YouTube for everyone to see!

I think I prefer video one, but - meh.

It was good to see everyone who went to the BR meet... sorry if I was drunk :P - I can't remember much of that night, I went round to a mates after and got very drunk. (of course drinking responsibly as ever :** laughs out loud **: )

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and you with a warning in your .sig

And I did indeed phone ex's :P

...it's just a shame that some of the exhibitors see 'Student' on the passes and try and hide or snub us,

To be fair, and I aint at all knocking you... but you were at a trade show - so they aint likely to go out of thier way to speak to someone who is going to give them no money!

But most of them seemed like they were chatting to everyone.

Guest lightnix

I found myself suddenly and unexpectedly getting very excited by this company's products.

I particularly liked some of the third party add-ons you can get for them, especially the one which allows you to trigger cues with SMS text messages.

Hi... just thought I'd let you all know, I got 2 short videos of the Le Maitre pyro display on the Wednesday -

Have you seen the 'official' video that Mark himself had filmed and edited?

The link's on the PLASA Pyro thread.

TD

It was my First time at PLASA this year.

I was there all day monday, and managed to catch the Pyro display, just after looking at the Lab Gruppen 13000W amp. umm... yes please I'll have one of those (I dont care that I havent got any cabs to use it on!.). unfortunately, I cant aford one. :P

I was very impressed with the Grand MA consoles, and my coleage is now very interested in buying one. I was aware of Art-Net and the way it work, and Grand MA have made their own MA-Net, which you can buy 2 or 4 port "Nodes" for. the software their desks run is avaliable free online, and I have been playing with it. I've not found a desk this logical before!

After a day of collecting literature, bags, lanyards (12 - I know I'm sad, but I'll never go short!), and other freebies, I made the comment to my mate: "I'd sooner carry round a piece of Tri-Lite all day than this stuff!!"

So I was thinking, maybe that could be a possible fundraiser next year? Marathon carrying of 1metre or 1/2 metre Tri or Quatra -Lite truss for a suitable bharity? :P

Anyway, thanks to all those who assisted in giving me a great day!!

Ian Williams

Hi... just thought I'd let you all know, I got 2 short videos of the Le Maitre pyro display on the Wednesday -

Have you seen the 'official' video that Mark himself had filmed and edited?

The link's on the PLASA Pyro thread.

TD

I can't find it... and I want to see it - I'm guessing it's probably better than my little videos!

Any help - a link would be good!

Thanks for your kind words, Stu, it was good to see you!

Jason.

I have to say the best two things about todays visit to PLASA was the collection of VLs by the main bar (although I was expecting something a bit, well bigger - in terms of more history and background to each product, more details etc. I don't know why I thought this!), it was good to see an original VL1 working...

And then the NEET stand upstairs, good to see someone is actively looking to keep examples of the equipement that has shaped our industry over the years!

Stu

Archived