mac 250's

ibwats

to go back to the sideways macs - what do folk think is the best way to attach the safety bond in that situation? It may be impossible to do it in a way that would stop the fixture from falling should the primary support fail.
If there is no horizontal support, then I have sometimes used a 90 degree twist boom bar clamped to the upright as a point to attach a bond to. But this hasn't been for mac 250s, only lighter heads and scanners, and has only been when the fixture is at low level. Higher than about 50 cm's to the primary attachment and I wouldn't normally use these, but would try to find another method.

Also, depending on how they are fixed, your RA could be such that you aren't using secondary attachments, as the fixtures are deemed not to pose a significant risk.

EDIT; to correct spelling so the post makes grammatical sense.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moderation: Guys, this topic is drifting worse than my granny. Can we please make any further 'smoke and haze set off my fire alarm' posts in one of the many threads on that subject.

The topic for discussion here is 'can I rig a MAC250 on its side?'

I would split this topic but it's in such a mess...

Hi all

Although I have never mounted macs on there side I have installed evl moving heads on there side and they have worked fine now for over a year but I have to say that if you program them to move around (side to side) quickly they have a tendancy to knock as they go over center,

Fraid that's what you get with cheaper heads. I've used Macs several times side-mounted, and never had problems at all with their movement.

to go back to the sideways macs - what do folk think is the best way to attach the safety bond in that situation? It may be impossible to do it in a way that would stop the fixture from falling should the primary support fail.

At least read the helpful advice people on this board are giving you before posting a question that has been answered! ........

Also don't forget safety bonds. If you are rigging on a side bar you will need something like steel cable to wrap through the unit to secure it to a horizontal bar in your grid.

I think that's fairly self explanatory? This is how most LD's and riggers overcome this problem.

Archived