Parking Longwheel based Van

tonymaslen

I remember a thread a while ago, but can't track it down at the mo.

What I'm looking for is a car park near Gt Portland Street in London, with at least a 2.1m headroom!

Can anyone help?????

Thanks

Moderation: Threads merged. A title search for "Parking" found it.

I remember a thread a while ago, but can't track it down at the mo.

What I'm looking for is a car park near Gt Portland Street in London, with at least a 2.1m headroom!

Can anyone help?????

Thanks

Depends when it is... Parking vans is generally a nightmare in central london (as most people will tell you) but if it's overnight or evening, try St James or Soho sqaure, the spaces are fairly big and it's free (I think) from about 8pm to 6am and weekends. Works for me! Failing that you might be lucky enough to get on-street somewhere.

Failing that... you need a driver!

The closest I know of is the Royal National Hotel just north of Russel Square access from Bedford Way. Its probably about 10 minutes walk from Great Portland street. You need to get in there relatively early as they don't have all that many spaces and I cant remember how much it is per day but its not extortionate.

HTH

Charlie

I foulnd this very useful, track down the local council office, and ask for traders parking dispensation, the westminster office is located at the pound by hyde park cap park

they will give you a map of zones, choose the zone and pay the money about £25-35, price varys from zone to zone. they will give you a pass to put in your windscreen and you can park in any bay all day without having to feed a meter etc

only works for comercial vehicals.

HTH

Just to let you know that this office has shut down, and permits now have to be booked before 6pm the previous day, by phone or post - sorry, don't have the web link to hand

• 2 years later...

I can't seem to find any technician databases of car parks for long and high vehicles in London, and wondered if we could share our knowledge?

I've discovered that the one on Bayswater road has closed, and I've found one in Russel Square under the Royal International Hotel, Bedford Way, London, WC1H 0DG. The height limit is 3.3m, £28 for 24h for a van.

Hopefully you folks know of some more.

Rich

If working within the Richmond / Twickenham area, There is a NCP carpark off the A316 near Richmond. No height restriction on the entrance from the A316, but a 1.8m restriction on the exit to Park Lane (rear exit).

Not sure of the prices as they seem o change every couple of months.

Just an update, the open car park behind the Hilton Edgware road is now being built on so that is not available. There is a Car park in Kramer street just off Marylebone high street where you can park vans up to LWB Sprinter size.

Are you sure that the Bayswater Road Coach/truck park is closed because I went past there a couple of weeks ago and it looked open then?

Just an update, the open car park behind the Hilton Edgware road is now being built on so that is not available. There is a Car park in Kramer street just off Marylebone high street where you can park vans up to LWB Sprinter size.

Are you sure that the Bayswater Road Coach/truck park is closed because I went past there a couple of weeks ago and it looked open then?

The gate was chained up and the hut had gone! Couldn't believe it, would have expected to hear something on the grapevine...

I always use the carpark under the Royal National Hotel (just off Russell Square) every time I'm in central London, never failed me yet!

Can't believe that the coach park on Bayswater has closed! Has anyone tried the car park next to the train line at Marylebone? I used to use it years ago, think you could get a Sprinter in there fairly easily.

A couple more for you...

On street at Soho Square and St James Square - free after 7pm (I think)

NCP just off Marylebone High St (round the back of Waitrose) - gets busy and you wont get anything bigger than a LWB van in there

Earls Court truck park

Kensington Olympia Motorail

Battersea Park (ok it's not really central!)

There's an NCP in Brewer Street near Oxford Street that will take a luton and maybe a 7.5 tonner.

We have also used a car park off Brick Lane in the past but I can't remember exactly where it was.

If you're out towards the west (Kensington etc) you can usually park on the pavement on the A4 (Great West Road?) where all the residents' cars are parked. Technically illegal probably but people have been doing it for years and we've never had a ticket. Stick a pushbike in the back of the van and you're back at the gig in no time.

Archived