Jem Technohaze Problem

jexjexjex

Hi,

I haven't had a chance to try it yet as I'm still nowhere near to finishing my 9.5 litres of Haze fluid. I can't believe how fluid efficient the Technohaze is.

As I said, the guy I bought it off used to manage the Jem Smoke factory and assured me that as long as I maintained the 3:1 ration of deionized water to Jem Pro smoke Super, the result should be identical to Jem Pro Haze fluid. Which means that you should be able to make enogh haze fuid to last you a very long time. :biggrin:

Cheers,

James

HI all, This is a great site, pity we dont have one like this in Oz.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone would like to sell a technohaze thats not working?

I'm after parts to rebuild two of them and the bits are a bit hard to find in Australia, let alone an old machine.

I realise shipping may be tricky but not impossible at a price.

I have the same problem as some others here, the thermal switch keeps cutting in, reset it and it works but once powered off and retarted it trips again.

Found a small bit of bare wire going to the switch was touching the housing the heater sits in, buzz, short out, trip switch!

could have been dangerous!

Cheers and happy new year to all.

Steve

Thanks for the Don, I'll give RS a go. Showtech are closed til 15th and dont list some of the other bits I need, so I'll have to wait til then and see how we go.

Any ideas what I can re-wrap the heater block with? Seems like a fibreglass insulation??

Cheers

Steve

• 1 month later...

For anyone still watching this post, the 180 degrees thermo doesn't do the trick!!!

Needs to be around the 400 degree mark. (Thanks Gary from Jem)

Nearly all fixed now with various parts from other places but the only place I could find the thermo trip was from Jem!! Just waiting on delivery of that part.

No one seems to make an off the shelf 400 degrees.

Cheers

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have the same problem here with the sensor.

But when I opened it I saw the connector from the sensor to the pcb is missing!

Could someone tell me how to connect it right (bleu, yellow, black and red)?

Thanks a lot.

Archived