Flightcase Toolboxes

peter

Hi,

Just to add my bit to the conversation. I used to have a proper flightcase toolbox. It gets to the point when you have crammed all your tools in you can't lift the thing. I bought a C H Ellis toolcase through snap-on tools. It is blow moulded and you have a choice of tool trays. I've had it for 4 years and have not managed to break it yet, throwing it in and out the back of trucks.

Fleeting

Anyone use Pelicase as a toolbox? I've only ever had equipment in them, and equipment treated gently at that, but they are light, and alledgedly very strong and waterproof - Ideal for Glastonbury maybe <_<

If you get the lid organiser (loops & pockets to store tools on) they make good lightweight toolcases albeit relatively expensive.

Amptown Cases has the largest selection of Toolcases / hand cases and road cases I have had an upright tool case which has gone around the world 6 or 7 times in 5 years and still looks brand new....

http://www.amptown-cases.co.uk/welcome/english.htm

I have both an amptown and abs flight case/briefcase tool box.

the amptown one is deeper and thereby heavier when full (I cram far too much stuff into it)

both are about as durable as each other.

the ABS one comes foam lined and a metal tool organising flap

the Amptown one has no lining and a plastic tool flap.

ABS provide you with lockable catches but the keys can fit other briefcase tool boxes (presumably a limited number or locks) it also has a leather (still pretty heavy duty) handle

The amptown case I have is their 'tour' spec, it has flightcase ball corners, heavy duty laminate and a recessed flightcase handle.

I believe the ABS case is £80 appx

Amptown £120 appx

you will get more tools in the amptown but it will be heavier, if you've gotta carry it everywhere I'd go with the ABS case.

if you want some pictures drop me a line.

hope that helps

Pete

• 7 months later...

And Bump...!

Bit of a random question, but bear with me...my headphones have finally died, and so I need to get a new pair, but I also want to get myself a decent toolbox!

My question therefore, does anyone know whether a pair of DT150's will fit into one of these or any other of the cases mentioned so far; Or equally, even better, what the external dimensions of the headphones are.

I'll get in touch both Beyerdynamic, and Spider in the morning, but I thought someone here might have actually tried it. It's a long shot, but you never know!

Lewis

Mods: If you feel this should be in a new topic, then feel free to move it to wherever suits....

Spider will happily make you a case that fits!

All well and good, assuming you know what the size you need is....!

It's not the end of the world, I can just wait until the headphones arrive and then measure them myself, I just thought someone might have been through the loop already...

Archived