Intercom

Hi all

I've had a few private messages about my comclone sets. The simple answer is I never got them working, but never really gave them enough time. Some of the components are hard to source, particularly the precision resistors. IC's are availabe from cpc. The boards do need a little work as the pads are all way too small, at least for my soldering and I do solder radar systems back together! Worth photoshopping and thickening up, or a touch of felt tip! I reckon if you went at it they could work, however they are a touch over complicated for what I need. The nulling circuit to adjust how much of your own voice is in your sidetone is crafty, but a bit too much to go wrong that isn't really needed. Mine are assembled with the nearest components I could find to those specced, I have a feeling if you got the exact ones (got the american company he gives part numbers for to ship) it'd work straight off. It needs more time with a scope and at the minute I'm part way through finishing a few rather simpler an smaller ones from drawings given to me by a friend. No call lights, but still give 2 way comms which is all I need.

In other words, if you can give it the time, it'll probably work and go for it, otherwise it's probably not worth it.

Cedd

• 2 years later...

Sorry to drag an old topic up, but I've stumbled across a page that I thought might be of some use and is related to this.

As you will probably read from the above posts, I struggled with comclone and never really got it working. However, the attached link is to another site which gives schematics for a simpler looking system, although I'm not sure how compatible it is with other systems.

http://www.edutek.ltd.uk/Proj_Stage_Intercom.html

Hope that's useful to somebody

• 1 month later...

Archived