Acetate Gobo - Pacific Lantern

Rory

I have an almost all pacific rig and was very interested in trying this out (when I arrived about a year ago)

My boss painted such a horrible picture of the performance of this setup that I never bothered (we are a very busy venue)

Having read this thread I have dug out the acetate holders (4!) and had a go projecting a high res picture....(after reading the instuctions! :( )

Now considering its at 80% and projecting on a rough concrete wall....I'm very impressed, and its been on for about 6 hours with no sign of melting :P

Next is trying it at ever increasing intensitys, as well as splitting the image over several lamps.

Any advice on adjusting for Keystone? I'm thinking it should be realtively easy in a decent paint program...

Next week its off to try it with the colour laser upstairs!

Any advice on adjusting for Keystone? I'm thinking it should be realtively easy in a decent paint program...
Photoshop, Edit->Transform->Deform.

Grab the corners of the image and have a wiggle - nice and easy!

The hard part is getting it right - you can calculate the required deformation with some complicated maths, or you can guess.

For a psychedelic sixties look I have used a 90 degree pacific with a gobo rotator and it fills the whole cyc from a stage bar. It's also the easiest way to get a moon on the cyc.

If you haven't done so already, have a look at Dave Ferguson's web site http://www.fergo.com.au/pages/indexshow.html, they are called Fergo's in Australia.

Archived