Safety Footwear

five_pin_xlr

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bringing your own also means you have them from day one, and you can break them in. The day I started at greenford (2001) another guy on his first day fell off a ladder in the rigging dept, accidents do happen on your first day!. I'm sure they will reimburse you.

On my first day they just sent me to order a pair.

what department are you going to be in?

Are steel toes required as part of PPE for a moving light tech or was it more a case of you need boots as part of a uniform and steel toes are suggested?

From my work in other industries I know many places require you to wear "good, strong footwear" as part of the uniform to make you more productive and look the part rather than PPE.

I could be wrong, it was just a thought...

Are steel toes required as part of PPE for a moving light tech or was it more a case of you need boots as part of a uniform and steel toes are suggested?

Anyone working in a busy rental warehouse should have steel toe cap boots in my opinion. Imagine a MAC 2000 case running over your toes....ouch!

If you buy your own, you may well be reimbursed, more importantly though, you get to try them on and find a pair that you really like the feel of. Badly fitting shoes cause a lot of damage over time.

Unrelated, but yesterday I dropped a UPS that was going into a rack onto my toes, thank god for the toe caps :(

If they are going to reimburse you then make sure they tell you what standards they should conform to. Off the top of my head safety shoes can offer protection from crushing, static, acid / chemicals, heat and shock. Make sure you get the correct ones.

Archived