Cool Lights

chappy

I thought they were space flower type things. They've turned up on X factor too lately*.

*can't abide the show but I'm sure we've all had a guilty perv at the lighting rig right? I get subjected to it at my mum's house whenever I go back home.

Yup, ToshiBoy is correct they are novalight units in X-factor Nova Flowers to be specific, bu tthese are not the same units as on Jools which as already said by Frankie are Studio Due Space Flowers with an external Wybron shutter fitted. All the lights for Later with Jools are indeed supplied by Aurora.

they are nova-lights on the X-Factor, we discussed this last year and was informed by someone who worked on it that that's what they were. The thread has now gone and I cant find it ?

ah yes... the novalights seem to be broadly similar though. Just interesting seeing various big exterior units used in TV studios, though you can't deny the beam effects are impressive.

The other ones you used to see a lot were the High Ground also from Novalight but these in many places are not begin replaced in studios for the VL3500 but thats not unusual, TV work tends to change units quite quickly or things will get stale, well except the general wash etc that tends to stay with the same sort of thing as it does the job so well

Im gettin very bored of seeing these in every 'entertainment' programme on TV at the minute.. Every singing/dancing competition/Big outside events/Royal Albert Hall jobies etc. They just look like overgrown moonflowers to me.

Boring lights imo... Directors s seem to use them to fill space with beams rather than decent sets/other LX units.

my 2 cents

Archived