One, Two......

ChrisD

Woah! Didn't expect quite so many responses! Well I guess that's cleared that up somewhat.

A couple of people have mentioned counting up to 100, I've often see this used for screaming out the system.

Anywho, cheers for the answers!

Another one.. not to set levels/ clean sound is to just point it at a monitor <_< and see what comes back... and how close you have to get it... and of course just shouting at your mics can help you, but this is for cutting feedback :S so maybe not entirely relevant... but still a test, but how he does this from behind the racks I have no idea ¬_¬

Now the 1,2,... bit is obviously useful to us techs for checking the mic's reponse. However, once you get the band on stage and ask them to sound check the vocals how many of them do the same thing? Yes, most will - mainly because they've heard us doing it while setting up and think that's what they should do also.

I almost always have to stop then and ask them to actually sing something and at the level they will be producing on stage.

Musos...! <_<

Archived