Line array for complete dribbling idiots

pritch

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just on the rigging in the pic using webbing to rig a pa sn't really the best idea I've ever heard. when u can buy all the rigging from the pa cmpany. but I have seen fork lifts used in that way.

I presume by webbing, you mean a fabric round sling? If you do why don't you think it's a good idea to hang PA clusters using them??

by webbing mean I mean the type of fabric straps the people use on lorrys to keep cargo on. secondly these straps arn't really designed for hanging weight from, they aree only designed for keeping things in place I.e strapping down cargo on lorrys. All pa companies supply rigging equipment with line arrays which are all chains and specifically designed hanging bumpers

just for my interest whats the problem with funktion one??

They really don't look like ratchet straps to me and it would really surprise me if they were. Fabric round slings are perfectly acceptable if used in a well designed lifting system and are specifically designed for lifting and suspending loads.

There is still the problem of them being fixed to the telehandler in a rather unusual way however this has already been mentioned and I wouldn't like to add any more off topic speculation...

by webbing mean I mean the type of fabric straps the people use on lorrys to keep cargo on.

Generally called ratchet straps... the webbing part of it is similar in construction to the fabric slings mentioned above. The ratchet part isn't rated for flying, therefore the whole assembly is unsuitable.

secondly these straps arn't really designed for hanging weight from, they aree only designed for keeping things in place I.e strapping down cargo on lorrys.

I presume you haven't seen slings close up? Or even seen the large versions on the telly being used to lift 75t of prefabricated house off a barge?

Slings are a standard lifting item - both in the entertainment industry and in construction. They are load rated and very useful devices.

All pa companies supply rigging equipment with line arrays which are all chains and specifically designed hanging bumpers

The chains are primarily found with the lifting motors - the other components are usually round slings and steels. Although chains can be used as a replacement for slings, there are issues to do with using the correct type. The use of long link chain wrapped around girders can be very dangerous.

just for my interest whats the problem with funktion one??

Apart from some user's personal preference, nothing really. They doggedly go against the line array brigade, but are generally pretty good speakers...

Simon

I have seen slings before but only in construction industry, I don't fly systems much because the company I work for use L'acoustic arcs and are usually ground stacked.

Alex,

at the risk of appearing pedantic, why post a criticism of a speaker hang if - by your own admission - you "don't fly systems much"?

Curious ;-)

Simon

I have seen slings before but only in construction industry, I don't fly systems much because the company I work for use L'acoustic arcs and are usually ground stacked.

Alex,

at the risk of appearing pedantic, why post a criticism of a speaker hang if - by your own admission - you "don't fly systems much"?

Curious ;-)

Simon

That's not pedantic, it would be one of the best questions on many forums. :stagecrew:

Mac

Archived