Behringer Feedback destroyers- do they work...?

mattyfish

ok I'm no sound engineer but I am trying to learn. :)

From my experience feedback destroyers are not necessary. a properly set up system with a tuned ear should not feedback.

The bloke I work with recently set up a room so you could stand infront of 20Kw of speakers with a mic, talk or sing and not get feedback AND still sound good. the on stage monitors were set up the same. no FBDs needed.

DBX driverack plus equalisers and 2 hours of setting up the sound get the results.

There is nothing that can beat the natural touch. A compter can never better the human ear

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok I'm no sound engineer but I am trying to learn. :)

No FBDs needed.

DBX driverack plus equalisers and 2 hours of setting up the sound get the results.

There is nothing that can beat the natural touch. A computer can never better the human ear

I set up in about 15 mins, and I use feedback destroyers with comp/limiters. Yes, they are a simple 'effect' but once you've learned how to use them, in certain circumstances, they can be an invaluable tool.

If I set up in 2 hours, I'd be adding at least an extra £ 50.00 to my fee.......................................

You'll probably find that the either the PEQs in the Driverack or the standalone EQs will be notching out the 'feedback' frequencies - a 'feedback destroyer' just attempts to do this automatically.

(probably in less than two hours)

(I'd love to get two hours to set up the system at gigs!!)

Mike

Archived