Moving Head Smoke Machine

Deathride

http://www.ebdj.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?product_id=12748

thats a link to show you the moving head smoke machine I haven't seen one before but my question is there any real demand for such a thing ?

At £999.00 per unit (list), I think not..

If it shot a jet of smoke something like 4m +, I could see it being use as a cheap co2 jet thing. There's one or two applications in a pro environment, but there hardly worth mentioning.

Shame its not a normal moving head, with a lamp, that has a built in smoke machine :) now that would be a cool effect.

Just my opinion...

Tom

from the DJ zone review you provided...

The Accu Fog 1000 is also incredibly versatile. Due to its unique design, it can be used in a variety of positions -- you can stand it upright, hang it, or even mount it upside-down to create different types of effects.

so why can't it be flown?

Yes its nice that it's flyable, thing is, you could do the same with just a normal DMX fogger that has a yoke.. I suspect the ability to having a pan and tilt'able smoke machine doesn't justify the cost when a normal unit would be of the same use in a rig, if position properly..

:) I'm having interesting thoughts of applying a circle shape with a wide spread to 2 of these units flown on a midstage LX bar... Would look rather funny and probably a rather quick way to get a reasonable spread of smoke all over stage. I can see the thinking behind having a unit that can spray smoke in any direction, as they say in the review, it has the potential to out perform pro gear.. though I'm sure there's a reason why these haven't been knocked out by the likes of Martin & High End already..

The Accu Fog 1000 operates in three different modes: five DMX channels, seven DMX channels, or sound-triggered auto programs.
2 extra channels.... 16bit p/t?? Bit OTT isn't it? Runs sound to light with other units eh.. Must be a comical sight indeed. Anyone know of any demo videos?

Tom

*edit - added quote and associated comments*

Moderation: Quotes fixed :)

the unit can be used in any axis, and the fluid is not contained inside the unit, it sits in a harness on the ouside of the base which turns to allow the unit to be used flown, at 90' or floor mounted, there is also going to be an external fluid system released soon to allow the units to be rigged anywhere and the fluid container to be situated at ground level with a pump, (bit the martin club smoke)

THe only problem I see with these units is the fact of high maintenance, hot fluid dripping from the nozzle, and the fact thats it smoke its not like CO2 that dissapates almost instant it hangs which meens if you have a lot of these units on a rig, unless you use very quick disperse fluid you going to end up with a lot of smoke at any one time.

vince

Are the links in posts 1 & 4 for the same product?

One says it has a heat cool cycle and about 20% smoke availability, the other says it has thermal control and 100% smoke availability.

In disco type apps the heat /cool cycle is ok as there is usually only a need to maintain the atmosphere. In stage and performance the heat cool is useless as there is an 80% chance of the smoker failing to fire on cue.

Surely its no more like fluid will drip from this then any other flown smoke maching?

Yeah but surely if your flying a smoke machine, I hope you would be using a drip tray? as I always do

where as a moving head smoke machine would fling the fluid everywhere regardless of a drip tray or not

Are the links in posts 1 & 4 for the same product?

One says it has a heat cool cycle and about 20% smoke availability, the other says it has thermal control and 100% smoke availability.

In disco type apps the heat /cool cycle is ok as there is usually only a need to maintain the atmosphere. In stage and performance the heat cool is useless as there is an 80% chance of the smoker failing to fire on cue.

no there not the same product :) I dont know the differance though

If it shot a jet of smoke something like 4m +, I could see it being use as a cheap co2 jet thing. There's one or two applications in a pro environment, but there hardly worth mentioning.

Except with completely different effects to a CO2 jet?!

Archived