Wish Lists

Sarah

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having been back at school today I have thought of a couple more things, this time soundy things.

Balanced XLR - XLR Cables (I swear someone eats these :))

Some Sennheiser EW322 G2 lapel mics and receivers

Female XLR - Male Jack Leads both unbalanced and balanced

A GOOD pair of headphones (preferably wireless so I can wander around)

Couple of Handhelds (Sennheiser again probs) as our trantecs are currently dead (awaiting repair)

THE SIMPLEST THING: A 9v AC/AC Transformer to power our MIDIverb

Another amp to power out sub (as we only have one amp which powers the speakers and have to constantly borrow)

And I could do with some patience as I have run out

If I think of anything else I will let you all know :(

Some of you need to learn to dream bigger!

Let's see...

A home studio with acoustics designed by Sandy Brown, lots of Neumann mics and an AMS Neve console. (Assume all the bits and pieces!). The control room should overlook the palm-fringed beach and the swimming pool. Could Cameron Diaz be trained as a recording tech?

A Digico D5 for live work, feeding a huge D&B system (Again, assume all the bits and pieces.)

A Canadair Global Express XRS for commuting

Is that enough?

Bob

Teleporters and replicators.

"Hi we want x right now"

*sparkle sparkle fizz*

"Thanks!"

Actually, one thing I always wondered about Star Trek - wouldn't a matter reclamation unit make the perfect murder weapon?

Right now I'd wish I didn't have lots of dance schools coming through the theatre, or that at least one of them could sing!

For kit I'd want 10 of everything ever built, with the option for more if I liked it! Oh and a tardis like room to keep it all in!

How does that sound? You said aim big!

A working fridge would be a nice one. Especially when doing long days during summer.

Ohh, and to replace all 5A stuff with 15A, rather a lot of mac250's, new rigging, unlimited budget, patch panels, a pearl 2008, and a toaster!

A working fridge would be a nice one. Especially when doing long days during summer.

Our fridge works too well and the ice drawer has frosted over so much that it prevents the door from shutting. So maybe time to be bothered to defrost the fridge would be nice.

• 3 weeks later...
Socapex and 3 more dimmer racks!!! also a board that isn't a Frog board (me no like them!)

whats wrong with the frogs?? ive used about 8 or 9 different 'families' of LX desks, and frogs are by far the best, but thats my opinion.

as for my wish list, here goes:

MAC 250+ (5)

More 63A sockets in each of our 5 performance spaces, as I always run out!

Yamaha M7CL-48 sound mixer, cos theyre an easy digi mixer to use!

some non-behringer effects processors

Chillis

more tech crew who know what theyre doing

endless supply of red bull

about a kilometre of new XLR cable with decent neutrik connectors, cus into 10 or 15m lengths, cos some of our are now 15 years old and worn out

another tallescope

-OR-

IWBs that can be lowered

EV radio mics

COBRA PA speakers

10U fightcases (4 or 5)

about 10 or 15 SM58s

4 CK91s (did I get that right?)

some more cantata Fs and PCs

some more rainbow scrollers on Source4 Pars (Parnells)

some decent headphones

more TecPro comms sets

having a fridge is a good idea!

Since I only just got a real venue of my own to play with, my wish list (to start with anyway)

Replace the 50 or so Robe ColourSpot AT170's with any mover of similar size which is dimmable and has CMY mixing.

Working fibre between the breakouts and the bio box (instead of the 'some working, some not' situation it is in now)

Comfortable stools for the bio box - current ones don't even contour slightly

A better scissor lift

A dedicated tech elevator that does not take 15 minutes to call

Nice, rack-like breakouts, instead of the small pokey cubby holes that are there now (filled with various fibre/ethernet/XLR->Whatever boxes)

A fridge in the bio

And a larger monitor for the telly (as opposed to the 8" cueing monitor we use at the moment)

Our actual wish list which has gone to the Powers That Be is:

1) 12 new Source Four Zooms to replace our FOH Harmonies which are getting harder and harder to keep going (and the IECs keep coming out of the back).

2) Replace the CCTV with a hard disc system instead of the antiquated VHS system. Let's face it, you take the worst possible video recording system, split the picture 4-ways for the 4 cameras, record at 8x slower speed (to get 24hrs on one tape) then expect to be able to see people's faces? Not a hope!

3) 2-way radios so duty technicians and duty managers can communicate between the 2 venues (same building but 2 rooms).

4) New stage floor - to consist of decent wooden floor plus new Harlequin reversible for when dance shows come in.

Other wishes, if money were unlimited, would be:

1) A genie tower whose battery never runs out (for the 2nd venue)

2) Get the advance bar fitted with an electric winch so it can be lowered like the on-stage bars. (Main house)

3) Another 24 lighting circuits up top and another 12 on the floor.

4) Subs we can wheel out when we need them, and amps to power them.

5) A proper mic stock rather than the bare minimum.

6) Mic stands that work the way they should.

7) A new cyc (old one getting dirty and ripped)

8) An extra technician to keep the maintenance up to date (and tidy up after Bob ;) )

9) More space in the control room

10) A scissor lift for the pit operated from one button.

Not too greedy, I think?

Archived