Lighting for underwater effect

Sarah Q

I personally have used the source abyss to create the underwater feel with reasonable results.

http://www.bassbound.com/hire/hire_stock_view.asp?S=38

(This is the only link I could see with them on.)

The reason I post is because about a month ago I spoke to a gentleman from squires sound and light

Norman.firkins@squiresoundandlight.co.uk

He bought all the source products when they went bust and had a lot of these units for sale at a good price (I cant remember exactly how much )

Thought it may be a cost efficient way to proceed

I personally have used the source abyss to create the underwater feel with reasonable results.
:) ** laughs out loud **.

That was my first posted comment, though I mentioned Chauvet Abyss (basically the same beast).

I have 3 of 'em.

In my experience it is often difficult to use smoke/haze effects in a school, however if you do get the go-ahead I think a cluster of 50deg source 4's with a combination of DHA/ROSCO 903 and 99664 gobos slightly out of focus with a L202/203 gel could work well on a slow chase. With a wash of L352 and L354 could look really nice.

However if budget and Haze is more of an issue I would have thought that a video projector or two (most schools have these available these days) which when focused properly and slightly out of focus could work really well. You'd just need to spend a bit of time generating the right video content - you could even film a tray full of water to get the effect you need! I would imagine that you would have a way of playing back a loop of video through a projector onto the stage from above.

Hope you manage to sort something, good luck I’m sure it'll look great.

Jonny

Archived