Problem on PSK PPA-500

Deathride

Hi there I have a psk ppa-500 amp which has been in storage for some time and now I want to use it one side stays on standby and clip led's are on and on the otherside (working side ) its got the green to sigifie its ready to go .... any idea ?

• 2 months later...
Hi there I have a psk ppa-500 amp which has been in storage for some time and now I want to use it one side stays on standby and clip led's are on and on the otherside (working side ) its got the green to sigifie its ready to go .... any idea ?

Sorry I don't have much of use, but I did have some problems with 'wet' electrolytics on my amps which gave similiar symptoms, especially those controlling the soft-on on the outputs. In one case I replaced a few caps, the other I just lef the amp on my bench switched on for a few days and they seemed to dry out. I have a number of PSK PPA 1000's which - although a little noisy from the back (fans!) - have so far been a great amp. I wondered if you might happen to have any info, especially where I might get a service manual/schematic from, for these amps? I have not been able to find a single reference on the net other than your posting above that even mentions these amps.

Any ideas?

cheers,

bmt

Archived