Stand or Sit?

My question is this...

If and when you are operating at a board or desk - be it lighting, sound, video... - do you prefer to sit at your desk on a stool or chair, or do you prefer to stand?

It may seem like a small question, but it might be interesting to find out just how many prefer standing over sitting...

EDIT: On reflection, should I have put this in the crew room? I apologise if I have put this in the wrong place by mistake.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EDIT: On reflection, should I have put this in the crew room? I apologise if I have put this in the wrong place by mistake.
I think it's technical enough for gen tech chat. I was going to suggest a poll, but you've already had varied enough responses that it wouldn't work.

As to the actual question, I think I prefer to sit mainly, although as with others might stand/tap feet for active bits/acts/events. :D

I like to be able to stand up and sit down and still be comfortable, so a high desk and a stool are my prefered setup.

As a general rule though:

LX:

Programming: Standing - I like to pace

Opping: Sitting, excrept for tight cue sequences.

Busking: Standing

Sound:

Setup/etc: Sitting

No reinforcement, just playback: Sitting

Reinforcement: Standing.

Basically, any time I need to ride faders or there is a lot of board work, I like to be standing.

Sitting. At all times. Preferably with my feet on the desk. (It's my venue, I'll do as I please!)

PS: I just tried to retro-fit a poll to this, but it needed more questions than are allowed....

Archived