Par 64 Lamps

JMeG

To Matt and whoever else is having trouble determining what lamps they have in their parcans ... look at the front of the lamp. If it's clear, it's a CP60 (or equivalent). If it's frosted, it's a CP61 (or equiv.). If it looks like a car headlight, it's a CP62 (or equiv.). If it has a very dense and even pattern of heavy "stippling" it's an EXG.

(Before some smart-arse flags it up - yes, I'm aware of the similarity between FFR and FFS 120v lamps, but they're rarely, if ever, encountered in the kind of situation in which our young friends here generally find themselves ...)

As for a roundish spot - you ain't gonna get one of them with a Parcan, well not one thats going to give out a reasonably large beam (i.e. CP60 - almost round, small beam tho).

a T18 or T26 or A1/244 and an apropriate reflector will give a round beam

I would have said a cp60 was very oval, and nowhere near round

is it possible to get par 64 acl lamps with prongs rather than screw terminals?

I would have said a cp60 was very oval, and nowhere near round

Well round-er compared to CP62s (9x12 is almost round). I think I've seen some ACL lamps on Thomann.de, with prongs, if this is what you mean?

http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/thoiw2_artikel-105381.html - just found this on Thomann, is this what your after? (For use in this reflector)

Cheers

Stu

no probably didn't explain well, your link is what I was suggesting for a round beam though.

what I'm looking for is a sealed beam ACL (aircraft landing light, which gives a very narrow round beam) but instead of the screw terminals these normally come with I want the sort of prongs you get on the back of a normal par64 (cp6o etc)

yes thanks for that point lightnix, and stu... yes I am slightly retarded :** laughs out loud **:

yeah they have cp62 on like you suggested they might have, but we ordered a load of exg's for them about 2 months ago, and fitted them... reading above posts to see if cp62=exg... doesn't seem like it...seems like someone has messed up an order somewhere...an idea for a new tea break thing...hmmm

I've never come across one. It might not be a good idea either, ACL are low voltage so by having them with a different connection you won't blow them up when some helpful soul sticks them in a mains can.

what I'm looking for is a sealed beam ACL (aircraft landing light, which gives a very narrow round beam) but instead of the screw terminals these normally come with I want the sort of prongs you get on the back of a normal par64 (cp6o etc)

According to my GE catalogue they only make the PAR64 ACLs with screw terminals; as mentioned these are 28V too. The usual prong terminals (GX16) are found only on the 500W and 1kW 110V and 230V more conventional CP62, CP87 FFN etc. series. You might have to make do with a CP60.

Archived