Phantom Frog

Dj Dunc

Hi there, I registered on the Z88 forums last night, but I dont think theyll be working today so cant accept my account. The trouble is, I need to run the phantom frog OLE to create a cue sheet over the weekend, as my portfolio needs to be in on monday.

I downloaded phantom frog onto my computer, ran it, and it installed perfectly well. When I came to run it, it started up, with the words interface and something else, in a grey box, with transparent spaces for the drop down boxes.

I looked on the z88 support forums, and it says that it could be a graphics problem, but I updated the drivers to no avail.

Help ??? ;)

thanks Duncan

Hi Duncan

It looks like you're running Windows Vista. At the moment Phantom Frog has not been tested under Windows Vista so we cannot guarentee compatability. I believe there is an option in Vista to run applications in legacy mode - it might be worth trying that.

Peter

Edit:

The drivers you have are dated 22nd October last year, so its possible there may be an updated version as a beta or release - this is worth double checking. My FX 5200 (which I stopped using in November) didn't exhibit this behaviour, so I can only imagine this is a problem with a setting on your PC, either in driver version or a background task causing the display issue. Once you start installing custom skins etc to Windows, its difficult to guarentee programs running 100% reliably.

To perform a full clean boot, click Start, Run, Msconfig... select Diagnostic Startup and reboot.

Ill try and download it onto one of my other computers (my 2nd is on xp without customisation) and see how that goes

EDIT: Yea, that worked. It runs fine on my other computer, so I ran the phantom frog, loaded the show via floppy, and did a print screen of the monitor, and then transferred it back.

many thanks peter and others

Archived