Free Windows operating sysytem?

voodooman

OK, so virtual PC is now free, and I've heard that you can get win98 for free on the Microsoft site, but I'm damned if I can find it. any clues anyone?

I think you can guess where this is leading to.......... Why won't strand update the bloody off line editor for 500 series. GGGrrrrrr! :off:

Because Strand don't exist any more!

yes they do, just under the banner of genlite.

I had a look at that, but I really couldn't be doing with having to cary a cd everywhere. plus I just found a old win98 disc. hara! now I just need to figure out how to patch a bloody moving light in it, I downloaded a list of keyboard short cuts, but nothing on the lcd buttons, i.e. how to do '@fixture'. will keep looking.

I had a look at that, but I really couldn't be doing with having to cary a cd everywhere. plus I just found a old win98 disc. hara! now I just need to figure out how to patch a bloody moving light in it, I downloaded a list of keyboard short cuts, but nothing on the lcd buttons, i.e. how to do '@fixture'. will keep looking.

F Keys. turn on the thing that shows whats on the lcd's at the bottom of the screen and use F1-F6

yes, but Genlite is not continuing the development of old strand kit, so why bother upgrading software for defunct (as far as they're concerned) items?

I think clinging on to the hope that Strand will yet again emerge from the ashes phoenix-like may perhaps be a little optomistic this time....

Just before I get another PM - my previous hosting arrangement died, means the OLE is no longer up there, and I don't have a copy on my PC, so anyone who is able to upload it somewhere, please do. Or email it to me and I will put it up and repost the link.

I think clinging on to the hope that Strand will yet again emerge from the ashes phoenix-like may perhaps be a little optomistic this time....

NO say it isn't so!!

As for the Mac.Calder version, if it does apper I wouldn't mind having a look. :D But having just got it all working on laptop, I'm in no rush.

Archived