Lamp Ammnesty

Bryson

The only floods we have at school are just an open-ended metal tin with a bayonet cap lampholder inside.  They do the job for lighting scenery etc, but 100watt bulbs are not bright enough (surprise, surprise).  They take 250watt BC bulbs, but we don't have any left :** laughs out loud **:

Have never come across larger than 150W BC lamps. The Patt137s and S-battens used large ES lamps which are still fairly widely available. You could change the lampholder to something which allows you greater choice of lamp.

Hello folks,

might be worth considering the 'cuh ching!' value of lamps... HPL 575 costing more than T26 for example...

New to this but is it possible to 'pin' something where people submit what they beleive to be fair prices for different kinds of bulbs and then at least blue room barter town will have something to go on...

I, for example, know the purchase value of a T19 or a CP62 as I buy 'em regularly but a T1... wouldn't have a clue... (although one of my theatres has several with no lantern to take them!)

bulbs

Bulbs?? I thought that they were things that you plant in the ground and grow into flowers?

Isn't is 'lamps' that we put in lanterns??

He He He! Sorry couldn't resist being awquard! :** laughs out loud **:

ACTUALLY...

They are bulbs because they are bulb-shaped and bulbous and are called bulbs for exactly the same reason plant bulbs are and exactly the same reason we call our household bulbs bulbs - because their bulbous - and my bulbs in my floods are bulbous and are the same shape as household bulbs and so they're bulbs as well as lamps but most importantly of all they're bulbs.

Phew...

I think I need to lie down ;)

T/26 are 650W (GY9.5 base) - I know this as we've got loads of them, and yes GKV lamps do turn into them when left alone in the dark.

I've got this strange urge to rush into work specially early and make a list of the oddments that exist in my lovely lamp store... I'm sure we've got some weird ones for people to take away!

• 4 weeks later...

t26 650w as you said, yes these are exactly the ones we need, I have seen some t28's which they say are 500w, these were the ones we were gonna get, but if you have 7 or 8 t26's or any amount I'd like to have them, you will be paid for them also.

does anyoen know wherei can get some par38's as our house lights use them, and at, we are using ugly flourescents (ew), oh yeah and some t11's and a few hid575's would be nice :rolleyes:

come to think of it, I might post my entire shopping list on here...

Archived