16+ casual jobs

This isn't much help I know, but if you're still in Cambridge in a couple of years time then you're welcome to apply to join my casual list when you're 18. I'm afraid at the moment I have all the staff I need.

I know SLX are looking for casual staff at the moment in Cambridge, but not sure on the age limit.

And PDD, as I said weve filled all of the places at SLX.
Unless you've been specifically asked to, be careful when making statements from a company you work for on a public forum.

My advice would be to disregard any "advice" anyone gives you about places not needing any staff. Always send off your details anyway, the worst they can do is say no, and they'll more than likely keep your details on file for next time there is a suitable vacancy. The same applies if you're under their age limit, send them your details anyway.

My advice would be to disregard any "advice" anyone gives you about places not needing any staff. Always send off your details anyway, the worst they can do is say no, and they'll more than likely keep your details on file for next time there is a suitable vacancy. The same applies if you're under their age limit, send them your details anyway.

Thanks Tom. Best piece of advice yet! Who should I contact first? (tech manager, or venue manager?)

Thanks Again,

Tom

Tom

As I suspect I'm your contact at the Junction, I will ask them if they have an age limit next time I go in. I'm only freelance there though, so I can't offer you anything.

To confirm a few things, The Junction, The Corn Exchange, The Arts Theatre and the Mumford all use casuals. If you PM me, I can give you the contact details for all of the Technical Managers.

The Arts Theatre mainly use casuals on a Monday and a Saturday, so that may not be Ideal for you. Most touring houses like to use the same crew for the Get-in as the Get-out.

There is an email list that goes out weekly for jobs at the ADC, but I'm not sure if you have to be over 18. Again, if you PM me then I can give you the details. It's all voluntary, but you would get a lot of experience.

I only ever worked in PPD's theatre when his predecessor was there, but it was a good place to gain experience, and If you are around in a few years then I would recommend contacting him

The other option is to try and join 'The Penguins' they are an amateur stage crew in Cambridge that do a fair few shows at the Mumford. They also venture over to the Arts and the ADC occasionally.

The tech manager isnt Chris any more, I remember emailing a while ago, and when I went to the interview after a phone call, Chris had not worked there in along time, the new tech manager is called Bruce.

That may be my problem then :) Does anyone have any contact details for said Bruce (PM them)? As the Cornex website is out of date!

Archived