Strand 300 trackerball

Alexb_01

Hi,

At school we use a Strand 300 series console. Since I started using it (about 3 years ago) it has never had a trackerball. From what I can gather it was lost/broken before my time.

It can get a bit tedious stretching over to a keyboard to press shift to navigate through some pages, I'm wondering if you can still source trackerballs for the 300 series.

My initial thought would be it is just a normal PS/2 connection couldn't I use any old trackerball, but then reading other material seems to specify certain trackerballs. I'm hoping someone can tell me how if I can use any old hardware or whether I will need to buy a certain model - in which case given the age of the 300 series I'd suspect it'd be hard to come by... In any case some guidance would be great,

Thanks in advance,

Alex

If I recall correctly, our 300 came with a boxed trackball with a nice Microcrap erm, Microsoft logo on the front....

So, I would suspect that any trackball with suitable buttons would do.

Must say, I've been thinking about getting another one for our 'spare/backup' 300, too.....

you are aware the strand key (bottom left,by the keypad ) works as shift

Yes but it doesn't act the same as the one on the keyboard,

for example if I press the one on the keyboard I can navigate through my FX (or any list for that matter) using arrow buttons on the console, the strand button doesnt seem to have the same affect.

Archived