1 atomic

1 black cyc

front truss

2 4 ways

2 4 lites

2 S4

8 martin stagebar 54s dotted around stage

Also new Pearl expert hopefully have by Tuesday

What I am really concerned about is ensuring that the front S4's output is complimentary to her skin colour and to allow her to stand out from the rest of the band

OK then, try this:

Get hazer - set very low. This will give the washes something to show up in.

Put 218 in Source 4s - focus vaguely DSC

Patch Pearl - say yes to preset focuses

Make a few focus points - DS and mid-stage would be good

Select MAC 300 DS focus point with shutters open and Source 4s on full

Select colour palette on right side of desk

Press the colour palettes under the faders until you get the right colours.

Store as cues

When your bored with that, make up some colours with the CMY (Not sure if 300s have CMY!)

Repeat with 250s, but use gobos instead.

Engage shape generator and record a few states "by channel"

Send me cheque for £450

Cheers

KC

Oh yes, my final piece of advice is not to catch the nightbus home after the gig....not very rock and roll.

Any light warm tint/CTO or open will work fine.

Thanks Nic will try this

Patch Pearl - say yes to preset focuses

IMHO Saying no to Preset focuses is better as the Pearl does not align the colours The same as they are on the wheel

and yes a Mac 300 is CMY

:)

OT, but values for automatic preset focuses are in personality file. If you're sure they don't align correctly then let Avo know so they can correct. I avoid using automatic because it's better to lay them out exactly where you want.

Ken is sooo cheap! :)

• 1 month later...

To resurrect an old topic (the search function has been my friend)....

I'm lighting a play at Riverside Studios, and the young male actor has medium dark skin. I have taken on board all the responses so far, but am struggling to find the perfect gel colour for a cold wash.

I am purely using generic lighting, as the Mac 500's I had used before are not really working for the piece. It's a one man show, with several locations, of which I demark through the use of specific gobos (e.g "The Park", "The Cafe" etc.)

I am also planning to light it with a lot of sculptural "dance" style lighting (side lighting from booms mainly), to highlight the actor, and lift him from the black backdrop. My specials are all fine, but lighting "The Park" in a general daylight, cold wash, kind of way is proving a little difficult. I've had Lee 200 recommended, but have never really tried it. I will be using 1.2kw fresnels. For my warm wash, I'm using Lee 764, which seems to work quite well.

Any suggestions for the cold wash?

Thanks

I like L200 for a cold daylight wash, or if that's just too chilly, try 201. I'm not a big fan of L161 any more - I used to be, but now it just looks too green at low levels for me! If you're using gobos in the park, put L200 or 201 in them as well. I've sometimes found that a 200 or 201 gobo wash with a warmer frontlight gives me the effect I'm after for a cooler daylight look.

L725 is a good bet for a cold. Still not ideal but one of the closest colours I've seen to the old Cinemoid 45 which was one of the best for that application.

Otherwise just plain old 201 is tried and proven or you could experiment with something like L719 if you want darker.

I think one of the important things when you are choosing a cold is knowing what level you are going to be running it at. Lots of colours warm up considerably at lower levels. L719 is one of those colours.

Archived