soundcraft spirit live troubleshoot

drswift

when testing something like this I tend to split it in half's,feed a signal.test at the half way point,if theres no signal go back half way,if theres a signal feed the signal in at the half way point and test at the new halfway point,and so on until you find the fault.Also I tend to use an audio signal and a test amp (powered pc speaker) or crystal earpiece for audio fault finding

hi

thanks for the feedback, and I see the sense in the halfway approach, but I think this problem is a bit beyond me now as I just seem to get so bloody lost on that circuit board. signal keeps splitting and going off on so many crazy journeys all over the board that it quickly becomes a big muddle in my head. I wouldn't know where half way is!

once again I appreciate the help you all have to offer, and I dont want to keep asking for your advice as you might be starting to think "just take it to a professional!", but at the same time if you feel there is any more help you could offer, or more steps I could try, I am happy to hear it.

cheers all

dion

Hi Dion

This might sound completely stupid but.....

If this is a Soundcraft Spirit Live, then try taking all the knobs of, tighten the nuts that hold the knob shafts to the case and replace the knobs (you do remember where they go don't you?)

Anyway,

Good Luck

James

ok I hope im not speaking too soon but I think its fixed!

I may have been chasing more than one problem at the same time...and seeing as its been years since ive used this desk im not surprised. so I think some of the inserts on channels were dodgy and needed some lovin (so channels must have been causing part of the problem at times)....AND after unsoldering the XLR plug from the right side output I noticed that the spot on the circuit board where the pin gets solderred to was broken and must have been failing to make a complete connection at times. to establish a good connection again I took a wire from the pin of the XLR plug and solderred it to the very next point down that line...that being one of the points on the RHS insert socket....cant see anything wrong with this solution.

anyway there you go, its done.

thank you all. your help was very much appreciated!

cheers

ok I hope im not speaking too soon but I think its fixed!

AND after unsoldering the XLR plug from the right side output I noticed that the spot on the circuit board where the pin gets solderred to was broken and must have been failing to make a complete connection at times. to establish a good connection again I took a wire from the pin of the XLR plug and solderred it to the very next point down that line

And from your first post:

Also, the signal is failing before the level indicator LED's, so its not the outputs

A thorough soak test might be in order to see if the problem really has gone...

• 3 years later...

:) Help!

I am in dire need of a schematic a schematic and PCB layout canel for the spirit live 4*2.

please send to my email pal.malang@telkom.net

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Rofiq

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

:( Help!

I am in dire need of a schematic and PCB layout canel for the spirit live 4*2.

please send to my email pal.malang@telkom.net

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Rofiq

Archived