Zero 88 Jester

Brian

Good to see that when it comes down to it.... never mind the features and functionality of the desk, all anybody is interested in is the availability and colour of their free T-Shirt!!!

Hey, you've got to get your priorities right! I've got all the lighting desks I need, but you can never have too many freebie t-shirts ... ;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an update, I have just noticed theat Z88 now shows the Jester on the products page of their site. Apologies if this has come up before, It's the first time I've seen it.

EDIT: NO specs yet though. Link here anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry to double post, but the topic has fallen down to page 3 ...

Is there any news yet on a release date?

I believe, from a conversation at ABTT, that the first batch of desks, which were all pre-sold, was due to ship about now.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone got one yet? We've just bought one for our Studio space, the 24/48 model, and so far love it! Just wondering what others users opinions are, if they have them.

Stu

PS. When I can get my hands on it in the week I'll post again with further thoughts.

• 1 year later...

Hoho!

I like them, in certain circumstances - I can't think of many nicer boards for ease of use in a small theatre with all generic lights for example. Would you care to expand for the other users what circumstnace it would be used in? If you were looking for a board to use in a large club we would obviously advise against it!

I'd say it was appropriate then, given that it is within your price range. Having used it for pantos and small musicals in amdram theatres I can't see it being a problem in a school. To use it with moving fixtures or other DMX devices would be perfectly possible too, just requiring some extra programming time and sensible patching to make life easier. I did a show which (hilariously) involved a full generic rig, plus a load of iColour 4s and some Roboscans. Still states were fine, and most effects could be created using chases/flash patterns.

Overall - a good board.

Archived