Zero 88 Jester ML

benweblight

Zero '88 will never make a good theatre desk as long they don't use a manual crossfade of the stack. The "GO"-buttom is good when you have to do the sound, light and other effects whole alone (as in most of the theatre productions). For theatre work we still have to use Strand or ADB.

That's interesting - have you played with the Frog 2? You can turn the cue stacks into 1 way or 2 way masters, to do exactly as you're asking.

• 4 months later...
Dragging up this topic, I have ordered a Jester ML24 for use in a church. Reading the manual I was looking specifically at the chase to the beat of an audio input. Noticed this input is a stereo 1/4" jack connection and wandered was this usual for a lighting desk, also how the desk would react if it only received a left or right side signal? If I take a feed from an unbalanced aux out from the sound desk does this then need to be split into 2 signals for the lighting desk input?

Hi s4g

The Stereo jack is actually used internally as a single signal, so plugging in a mono jack feed from an aux-out on the desk will be fine.

If you need any help, let me know.

Peter

Archived