The Brits

Blame Jono

Moderation: Mindless reciting of Monty Python sketches on what is otherwise an extremely serious thread (cough) will only be tolerated because it is Friday afternoon.

Now, I'd like some cheese please...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
going back to the Darkness comments earlier on - it was fun to see them trying to get power at great yarmouth recently. they played one night of their tour in probably our most dismal venue in the area. 'The Marina Centre' - tiny stage with a wobbly revolve, no height, feeble power supply, terrible acoustics, rotten smell (swimming pool next room) - BUT they managed. Had some of their tour rig up - par64's behind the band etc. pretty poor sound, but everyone sounds bad there. There are plans to do a gig in their home town (Lowestoft - the most easterly town, where I live) and the council are looking into a floating stage concept on the broads. sounds like a good one!

Didn't get to watch the Brits this year, I'll have to try and get a copy of the transmission from somewhere! In previous years I have been v. impressed with the finished product, but from what you guys have been saying doesnt sound too impressive this year ;)

Has anyone watched the Classic Brits before..I remember seeing a bit of it a year or 2 ago, they had this huge set made from what looked like steel, it was fantastic! Would love to work on the production team for the Birts...anyone got any contacts :P

Its a Neg Earth and Brit Row job I think mate.

never mind how much power do you need

never mind why so many lights

the way I see it you are a top LD and a production company call you up and say hey design the brit awards for us , you say er ok whats the budget bla bla bla ,you cough and go ok and design the biggest thing you can for all the thousands you have to spend - sadly yes the movers were used a little bit to much and there were some questionable ideas but we see these things as we work in the industry

I watched the brits with people who know nothing about the industry or the equipment and they enjoyed the show the only comment I heard from one person was " the lights are a bit bright " :P

so as profesionals all we can do is learn from what we see and not make the same mistakes and learn from the bits we did like.

;)

Problem with a show like the Brits is that while there is one over all production LD for the show, each artist who performs generally has their own LD/sound for their set and unfortuantely they have to try and make the artist (employer) look the best they can. They normally get only an hour or two to plot, i.e. during the artist's rehearsal and half the time have to busk it!

Archived