Recommendations for small (8" drivers) speakers

bensilvey

OK so there's no point in teling you about my recent demos but glad you managed to get kitted out.

Actually, I would be interested in seeing results of your AB test.

I don't need any speakers now but that doesn't mean that I won't and having the information available would be nice. I'm sure there will be other readers also.

Post away, if you please

Does anyone have any recommendations for small speakers? 8" drivers max - budget of about £250 per speaker (or if their was a powered equivalent, a bit more). I've found various options but not had a chance to listen to them. Any thoughts very welcome... They would be used for live acoustic music / playback / speech in a venue with a very low ceiling. Would I need separate subs to go with them?

THANKS!

have a look on www.dragonspirit.co.uk

For my 2p's worth, I'd suggest looking at the RCF range, which I believe includes an 8", if not the 10" is very compact. They are basically Nexo PS series copies ( out of budget but very good). They work well for speech and music, have a reasonable bass response, good directivity and smooth response.

Archived