Which hazer is currently flavour of the month ?

BigYinUK

Hi All

I've read various posts about which hazer to buy but was just wondering which unit out of the Le Maitre, JEM and Look Solutions (Unique-2) was currently considered to be the one to buy ?

I've used various cheapos and have decided to bite the bullet and buy a proper unit :)

tia

BigYin

Well if you have about £550 to be spending, I would highly recommmend the le maitre MVS, its stunning. Had one a couple of times from SLX in replacement for a unique, that died on us, and a Jem 24/7 that did the same... plus the MVS does clever things like; cleaning before it starts kicking out haze.. unlike the unique that takes about 10 mins at the end of the show to clean itself... time that would be much better spent in the pub/ car heading home... Also... it has some really cool fan functions, meaning you can change the angle of the haze by DMX :)

J. :cold:

<SNIP> I would highly recommmend the le maitre MVS, its stunning. <SNIP>

That an interesting suggestion. I hadn't considered the MVS - I haven't heard much about it tbh. I can get an XS for £500 and a Unique-2 for £600 (maybe a bit less).

I'll ask my local guy about the MVS.

Does anyone know what the rrp is for the MVS ? I know the XS rrp's at £575+vat

I could stretch up to £550-£600. Having DMX built in would be a big bonus for the future providing the unit is usable without it. That's one of the big advantages of the Unique (and the MVS of course).

Remember that these Le Maitre hazers are different to all others in that they use glycerine (sugar-based) as opposed to the more common glycol or mineral oil.

Although they won't leave an oily residue (specifically in comparison to the mineral oil machines) they might leave a sticky one! Of course this might not be something you are concerned about. But do be aware that the use of glycerine means it will have different hang time and density properties. For this reason I would recommend you get a demo comparing against the Unique to see which suits you better.

As an aside it is also because of the glycerine that they have to have a cleaning procedure at all. The Unique machines don't clean at the end, they simply continue to run the fan until the coil has cooled. The mk1's take forever for this but the mk2's are only around 5mins.

We use DF50's and also the tour hazers from smoke factory.

Great units, both of them. The DF50 can be slightly noisy, but are great units but the smoke factory units are great, dont use to much fluid and hang really well.

We have lots of hazers and for their uses cant fault either unit.

Archived