iTunes Sound "Enhancers"

Bobbsy

Just had a pretty long look at the liscense for iTunes, and as far as I can make out, you are NOT allowed to do anything with it that would be deemed "profesional". I take this, as it is with Music, and other sources, prohibited to use it in a way as to make a living, so DJ's can't use it, or indeed I suspect Media Player to playback music on paid basis, and I think iPod partys are also not allowed on standard license. Also sound effects, and anything show critical is not allowed, but much as you have to get appropriate PRS and other clearences for music and copyright material to be used within the "context" of your perfermance, the walk in/out sections are a different matter, and unless the music is an integral piece of the peformance, it is exempt, as long as there is a PRS license held within the building, to cover the general background music section of a public building, and with this in mind, I see no reason to believe that iTunes or iPods are being used illegaly within the entertainment industry for this use.

CD Player the easy option? Scratched discs? Client burnt disks not conforming to red book standard, scipping when it gets REALLY loud. Give me an iPod.

Oooooops, wwwaaaayyyy off topic

why would it skip if its bolted into my effects rack? why would I have scratched discs if I take good care of my collection? :P

and if the client gives you a CD on the night and you're running an ipod, you're no better off than me.

Archived