Smoke Fluid

SoLiEn

Maybe worth a mention:

I have read in a couple of different manuals that adding anything (specifically flavours) to the fluid "may damage the pump and invalidates the warranty".

However in the real world I do find vanilla or toffee useful additives when not too strong...replacing the pump doesn't take long after all :P

Be very careful when adding things to smoke fluid.

Unless you are good at chemistry you may not be aware of the substances that can be produced when vaporising chemicals over a hot element as in a smoke machine. It is possible to produce some very nasty substances, potentially (I am led to believe) including carcinogenics, or spreading legionnaires disease.

Guest joewhite903
Best essence ever to use is peppermint, use the right consistency off about 5 drops to 5L and it smells edible it is lovly

I wouldn't trust them to be honest. Natural vanilla essence is a mixture of hundreds of different compounds, they couldn't possibly predict what would happen to them inside the smoke machine. Even with synthetic stuff it would be very very hard to guarantee safety.

Archived