solution needed

dogcop

I suspect I may be "teaching granny to suck eggs" but, if you record in mono, don't forget you'll have to convert to a stereo file at 16 bit/44.1 sampling to produce a redbook CD. Mono would be considered non-standard and not play in many/most players (and probably not even burn in the first place unless you software did the conversion without telling you).

Bob

As for the zoom H4, very nice piece of kit for the money. But... I've noticed the inbuilt mics are very heavy on bass, to the point where quite a few recordings are swamped with bottom end. Fine for sermons, but if you're wanting a band recording, I would invest in a couple of decent mics for it.

If your preacher has a close mic, you may think about connecting it up to the h4 mic input to get a nice clear recording. Then use your other channel forambient recording. Treat the 2 as seperate mono recordings and as said above, export in the correct way to ensure you maintain redbook cd standard.

Archived