Moving heads for school talent show?

Chubbs the Techie

A pulsar masterpiece light console would be a better choice

A masterpiece is never a better choice.

More importantly, not in this situation. The OP is fine with what he has, without the need to hire in a desk he has never used before and has little time to learn.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Do your best here, and in future show if for no other reason than pride in your work.'

I totally agree Andrew but I cant belive how many replies this is getting on a subject which has been raised time and time again!!!

Anyway, after all this, it will be great if the OP posts some pictures up of the event. Then we can all see and enjoy the great fruits of his - and ours, indirectly - labour!!

Good Luck

• 1 year later...

Ressurecting an old topic here, but could the OP give us some indication/ pictures of the show and how it went??? What kit was used in the end?? I have a school talent show coming up soon and looking for some inspiration for some lighting states/chases that work well including movers and generics if poss.??

Hopefully someone that has done this before could give any hints / tips towards what works well and looks good.

Im not asking for 'design my show' type help, just some good ideas or something that might of worked well for someone before.

For info, im not entirely running the show however will be assisting the LD throught the whole process, and we're currently talking about states etc.

Many thanks, any input appreciated :)

Cheers,

B

Hopefully someone that has done this before could give any hints / tips towards what works well and looks good.

Im not asking for 'design my show' type help, just some good ideas or something that might of worked well for someone before.

Seriously, what 'looks good' and 'works' is ENTIRELY down to the situation and the production needs of each individual show.

Sorry, but if you don't have the experience or capacity of imagination to use what you have (or can easily hire in) then maybe someone else should do the job, or bring in someone who HAS the capacity to show you the way.

A little blunt I admit, but that's likely the best you'll get from an online forum!

• 4 weeks later...
Ressurecting an old topic here, but could the OP give us some indication/ pictures of the show and how it went??? What kit was used in the end?? I have a school talent show coming up soon and looking for some inspiration for some lighting states/chases that work well including movers and generics if poss.??

For info, im not entirely running the show however will be assisting the LD throught the whole process, and we're currently talking about states etc.

Many thanks, any input appreciated :questionmark:

Cheers,

B

Ill give u a brief outline of the talent show for my school I did.

The School has a strand 24/48 200i lighting desk.

Various generics on IWBs over the stage and FOH.

For the show the company we use for stage management on big shows hire in 4x SGM Victory II 250 and a Fat Frog.

linked the 4 scanners and our dimmers to the fat frog.

I set up a general wash on the faders, and then for each act added in different faders (for colour).

I then selected an effect for the scanners to follow, and colour ( and if needed gobo effect or strobe).

Hope this gives you an idea.

J

Sorry I've taken so long to realise this topic was alive again!

I will dig out some pictures when I have some time - I'm very busy at the mo! However we used a few different nice colour washes, a couple of breakup gobos using some S4's, a parcan fan at the back, and we hired (for beer money practically!) 4 Abstract scanner Vsomethingorothers, which looked nice doing some ballyhoo in more exciting numbers, and slowly swinging in slower ones (the usual moving fixture practise really). Controlled from (the school's) JesterML...which is a NIGHTMARE for busking (I know it's not meant for it).

And lootttssss of haze.

Hope this helps,

Charlie

Archived