Followspot for a School

charl.ie

Don't ALL of your "End Of Term Shows" happen at the same time? Smells like a recipe for a C*** Up to me. :angry:

Nope, we never did. It gave the schools the opportunity to see eachother's shows, and become better technically, and dramatically. Also, it let us share crews/gear sometimes, which was a godsend, on more than a few occasions.

And when one school breaks it, and sends it back broken, the next school can't use it and gets the blame, and that leaves 3 or 4 schools without a followspot. I'm really pleased it's worked for you so far but it's a potential nightmare put into practise in alot of places.

Well, IME, other schools in my area don't use any lighting very often, however our school is a Media Arts collage, which leads to the lighting bieng used very often during lessons. But as the others have said, it does depend on how often it it in use.

Thank you all for your very helpful replies.

I was very much of the opinion that we wanted to hire a followspot, and this thread has now convinced my teacher that hiring one is a good idea. This also means we have some money for more conventional lighting!

Thanks again for the advice!

www.usedlighting.co.uk

plenty of second hand spots to suit your budget

Sorry but if you bothered to read the thread you'd see that Tom has already proved that there aren't any affordable follows that will do the job on Used Lighting.

I just echoe the comments above, you will struggle to get something with that throw, worth having, for that money.

EDIT: Grammer.

Used Lighting had an update yesterday, and now have 3 different followspots under the £400 mark.

Used Lighting had an update yesterday, and now have 3 different followspots under the £400 mark.
All of which will really struggle at a 20m throw! That is a hell of a long way; I'm using Lycian 400s at 16m, just about bright enough when using green for Queen Rat.

(These are from Used, nice lights. Manufactured in a Michigan tractor factory judging by the build)

Archived