Ducting Fog

Darkness

When using tumble drier hose you just have to be a bit careful with the heat. If you use the platic tubing it might be at risk of melting, or at least becoming significantly softer and then getting punctured by something else, such as the bracket that you mave mounted it to. If you use the metalic tubing, be ready for the smoke to at least partially condense.

With regards to the air box, yes, the fans did run continuously. I used a five sided box, using the floor as the sixth side. A couple of layers of rubber draught excluder gave a good seal to the ground and allowed for a cable way for mains and DMX cables. I never had any overheating problems and the constant flow of air meant that there was no condensed smoke fluid left inside the tubes.

Dave

If budget is an issue, you can always find bits of downpipe (the round pipe of guttering) and associated joints in skips. I've found that the diameter of the pipe is greater than the diameter of the outlet in the smoke machine, so it's never melted the pipe.

As for splitting, wouldn't a Y joint be better, as it would help with the smoke condensing. That said, can you get Y joints for guttering (although I suppose you could mash one together somehow...)

Just my £0.02

Archived