Gauze 'curtain'

DSA

Thats just what I was thinking. Again, it may be madness, but I was thinking it may be easier than trying to manage gauze (I'm a lampie not a flyman).

Edit: Doh! top of page again....

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is another way simple and effective and requires no sewing or anything to your cloth.

1.) Hang your gauze from your pros tumbling as required so there is no excess on the floor.

2.) Rig two booms one either side of the cloth that run from stage to the bar you hung the gauze off.

Or do an Austrian without the rings.

Fishing line coming down off the bar and then back up behind the drape should look pretty invisible. A simple shackle as a klew plate onto a thicker bit of rope as the working like would prevent operator hand chafe.

The 'bunching'would be slightly erratic when it was flown out but if you have enough lines (say every 1.5 metres) it should work OK.

Main advantage being that it does not have to be operated in a direct line with the line of the drape. All you would need a few pulleys to divert the working line and depending on how many times you do it you could use karakibers or even carbine hooks for the individual lines coming down off the bar

If it's a wee bit heavy to haul out manually tie a weight onto the hauling line.

If you a feeling very H&S friendly tape off the working area and mark it as a hard hat only area.

• 3 months later...

Archived