New PA System

fatfrog

*cough*

Sorry Rich, did you say something ? :P

I think he did - but in reality he's only trying to hep.

I think imageshack is broken and as a result killing the thread...

Any suggestions for alternative image hosting?

Alan

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I got them alrgiht, They are sitting in my tv room at the moment - I'm off on holidays at the moment and I'm doing some theatre work when I get back so we'l see how I get on - there well up to it anyways

Alan

I too am after some new cabs,

But being in a duo, sometimes playing huge clubs I don't think 8's and 12's would quite do it.

Please don't think I am putting down the TT+ range, I have heard nothing but praise for them.

I think I will go test drive the 12" tops and 18" sub combo,

Any Ideas on local dealers in or near Nottingham?

John Denim.

PS, Fatfrog, how do you find the power amps in the active systems?

I'd say you'd be presently surprised with the 12inch subs and 8inch tops - I did a side by side comparison with a yamaha system today 12inch tops and 15inch subs - and the tt+ won hands down - I'd hate to think what sorta power output 18inch rcf subs would have.

And - you'd want to start saving for that system - it's gonna cost you at least 6k

Alan

Well, I'm in ireland so that doens't really suit although I'm sure there an rcf dealer near you!

Another system I suggest you look at is the hk elias sysem - im in gran canaria at the moment and the hotel has one and its very impressive!!!

Think you may be right about the saving Alan!

I'm thinking of just one sub,

Yes, a par of 12" tops and a single sub to fill out the bottom end is plenty, its probably one of the most popular systems we send out of tyneside. The 12" give you the perfect crisp top end and a single 18" handles everything else, it does sound really really nice, but you have to be driving the sub slightly more than the tops to compensate. If you feel that this system is lacking in bass then you cld always go for the twin 18" sub, which isnt too much larger than the single 18" but boy does it pack a punch! However I would be very very suprised if you find the bass to be lacking, they are astonomically loud things!

As for dealer location theres Stage elctrics in birmingham, so an hour or so drive? Im sure you know better that me! Give them a ring on (0121) 525 4545, im sure they can set you up a demo.

Cheers

Rich

Hi All,

I work for RCF and would like to just say thanks for all the good comments on here with regards to the RCF TT+ range of speakers, if any of you need any further information please let me know.

Fatfrog I am glad you like the speakers you have purchased, I am at the moment trying to address some of the comments that you have raised with regards to some type of handle for the TT08, and covers for the subs, so watch this space and I will let you know.

Once again thanks for all the comments.

Greg :P

Hi All,

I work for RCF and would like to just say thanks for all the good comments on here with regards to the RCF TT+ range of speakers, if any of you need any further information please let me know.

Fatfrog I am glad you like the speakers you have purchased, I am at the moment trying to address some of the comments that you have raised with regards to some type of handle for the TT08, and covers for the subs, so watch this space and I will let you know.

Once again thanks for all the comments.

Greg ;)

Yeah Thats great - ideally I'm looking for covers for the 8 inch tops & 12inch subs.

Was it you who was talking to declan(my supplier) about this article?

He was very impressed that ye knew about my demo etc.

Alan

I don't mean to mess up fat frogs thread, but could I please ask Greg why a 15" TT+ sub is not available?

I assume that it's to do with cost?

The 18"'s would only be marginally more expensive than the 15"'s?

John Denim.

The more variants you have within the range the less flexible the system becomes. To have dozen boxes in a range is sometimes more difficult to work with than just a few (even though you'd expect it to be the other way around). In the same sense that hire companies often just have 1 or 2 different sized amps so that each amp can pretty much power any box in hire stock. It means that the systems that can go out can be much more flexible.

That is of course how I'd look at it, YMMV and Greg might have a much better response.

Hi John,

Rob explained it pretty much, it also comes down to R & D resources and also factory build time, most of the RCF Pro speakers are totally manufactrured in Italy or in the case of the injection moulded Art range are assembled in Italy so production line time is critical and we all ready have quite a large product portfolio.

Customers can also get confused by having a larger range which system to go for, so there are alot of things to consider.

I hope that helps answer your question please feel free to contact me if you have any more.

Greg

Hmmm, I can fully understand these reasons,

but I wouldn't call a choice of three subs a large variant.

It would be interesting to see how many people enquire about 15" TT+ subs.

Those that are on the road that don't have a truck to transport their gear in, but want a bit more thump than a 12" box can offer.

When I heard the TT+'s tops, I was blown away by quality, but as I have said the ART range of 15" sub did not complement so well.

The shop did not have any 18" TT+ subs in, so unfortunately I did not have the pleasure, but even if I had wished as hard as peter pan, I simply could not afford them!

Maybe the best thing to do is to wait until this range has been out for a while,

(unless Greg can swing some freebies for the members of the BR!)

John Denim.

Archived